March 13, 2020
Preparation and precaution are the key.
Local Departments of Public Health are responsible to announce any COVID-19 case confirmations. If a specific area with GLC presence announces confirmed diagnoses, similar to our policies on weather emergencies, we will follow our client’s lead. We understand each of our clients have different protocols in place and have taken steps, such as cleaning and disinfecting throughout buildings, to minimize the spread of illnesses. However, here are good reminders for everyone:
- Wash your hands often with soap & water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick and stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you or a family member begin showing symptoms of a respiratory disease, and suspect it may be COVID-19, please avoid direct contact with others, and contact your healthcare provider for their guidance on treatment.
The Center for Disease Control has posted information about COVID-19. Here is a link to that: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.That site also provides information on cases in the US, symptoms, testing,treatment and the CDC safeguards on travel.